United Healthcare is taking steps to increase support for members during the COVID-19 crisis.
Costs are covered for COVID-19 tests and related visits
UnitedHealthcare is waiving costs for COVID-19 testing provided at approved locations in accordance with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. And we are waiving copays, coinsurance and deductibles for visits associated with COVID-19 testing, whether the care is received in a health care provider’s office, an urgent care center or an emergency department. This coverage applies to Medicare Advantage and Medicaid members as well as commercial members.
Early prescription refill
Eligible UnitedHealthcare and OptumRx members who need an early prescription refill to ensure they have sufficient medication on hand may request one through their current pharmacy. Consider your current supply, as well as near-term medication needs to determine if you should refill early. Delivery is available through Optum Home Delivery by signing into your health plan account, as well as through select retail pharmacies.
Free access to telehealth
We expanded access to telehealth to make it easier for you to connect with health care providers from the comfort and safety of your home. There are two ways to access telehealth services:
- Schedule a free telehealth visit: Sign in to your health plan account to access your existing telehealth benefit. We are waiving member deductibles, copays and coinsurance for telehealth visits through our designated telehealth partners.
- Talk to your health care provider about telehealth: Telehealth access is expanded in response to COVID-19 to allow faster support and to reduce exposure to the virus. Your local medical provider may be able to provide a telehealth visit through live video-conferencing. We are waiving member deductibles, copays and coinsurance for COVID-19 related visits through June 16.
Additional resources for members
- Access your health plan account: Sign in to your health plan account to find network health care providers, understand benefits coverage, manage prescriptions and more.
- Call a UnitedHealthcare advocate: If you have health benefits questions, need help finding a health care provider or would like to talk to a nurse, call the phone number on your UnitedHealthcare member ID card.
- Get emotional support: Call our emotional support line any time at 866-342-6892. This 24/7 Optum Help Line is staffed by professionally trained mental health experts. It is free of charge and open to anyone.
The CDC remains your best resource for COVID-19
The COVID-19 situation continues to quickly evolve. Go to the CDC for the latest information on COVID-19, including how to protect yourself and what to do if you are sick.
If you think you might have been exposed to COVID-19, call your health care provider right away. UnitedHealthcare members can find a network health care provider by signing in to your health plan account or by calling us using the phone number on your member ID card.