Cigna is here to support your health, well-being, and peace of mind – every day.
There’s a lot of information out there on the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. Trying to navigate it all can be stressful and overwhelming, and can affect your body and mind.
We have put together resources and advice to help make it easier. Dr. Steve Miller, a physician and Cigna’s Chief Clinical Officer, has recommendations on what you can do to stay healthy, and what to do if you feel ill.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, or feel anxious or stressed about the situation, Cigna will ensure you get the care you need:
- Through May 31, 2020, we will waive customers’ out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing-related visits with in-network providers, whether at a doctor’s office, urgent care clinic, emergency room, or by virtual care options such as talking with a doctor or clinician 24/7 by phone, tablet, or computer
- Through May 31, 2020, we will make it easier for customers with immunosuppression, chronic conditions or who are experiencing transportation challenges to be treated virtually by in-network physicians with those capabilities.
- We will ensure delivery of your medications – there is no need to order refills earlier than usual, or to stock up
- We are available at any time to answer your calls, provide support, and assist your providers
- If you have general questions about your benefit and coverage, call 1 (855) 287-8400
If you need help coping with loss, stress, or other issues related to the impact of COVID-19, call 1 (866) 912-1687
Prevention is key
- To fight germs and keep them from spreading, cough or sneeze into a tissue, or your elbow
- Share a smile, instead of a handshake or hug
- Wash your hands thoroughly, for a minimum of 20 seconds, and clean shared surfaces
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and try not to touch your mouth, nose, and eyes
What to do if you feel ill
- Reach out to your health care provider. If your doctor wants you to be tested for the virus, it will be covered at no cost to anyone covered on your Cigna medical plan
- At myCigna.com®, you can talk with a doctor or nurse, 24/7, without having to leave home
- It’s important to avoid exposing others to your illness – even if you feel up to going out, you could pose a risk to someone who lacks your resilience